Sunday, May 11, 2014

Weeping Cherry in Spring

Washington, DC has its Cherry Festival in April, but here in Southern New England, the weeping cherry trees seldom bloom until May. 

Last year marked the first time I had made the up close and personal acquaintance with the weeping cherry as it bloomed in a neighbor's back yard. My hurried photographic efforts then showed my lack of familiarity with them -- so I showed the results to no one. But I began to notice that my town has cherry trees in a great many places.

This year I eagerly awaited the return of the cherry blossoms. Yesterday, just as the blooms were starting to "go by" in my neighbor's yard, I set out to try again before they disappear for another year. I am calling this single set of 4 images "Cherry Blossoms Leaving."
Cherry Blossoms Leaving
Do me a favor please and share this post by clicking on one of the buttons below. Or make a comment just below the sharing buttons

In the next week or so, click here to view my other recent flower shots.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Liz for your comment -- and for subscribing to my e-newsletter!

      Delete